Serving Veterans Youth – Award Recognition
The Serving Veterans – Youth Award recognizes the volunteer work of a young Nevadan or a group of young Nevadans who contribute time, energy, and effort in support of veterans, military members or families of veterans and military members.
The award is patterned after the monthly Veteran Supporter of the Month award, but The Serving Veterans – Youth Award recipients will be selected quarterly, which was approved by the Governor on April 15, 2022.
This award is designed to:
• Thank and recognize awardees for their volunteer work supporting veterans and military members.
• Raise awareness and showcase volunteer opportunities.
• Recognize the contributions of Nevada’s veteran and military communities.
• Young Nevadans are defined as under 19-years of age.
• Groups of young Nevadans are defined as nonprofits, organizations, clubs, classroom, projects, essentially group consisting of more than one young Nevadan, under 19-years of age.
• Nominees will be selected for significant contributions made in support of Nevada Veterans, military, and/or their families at the local, state, and/or national level.
• Nominations will be evaluated on the scope and impact of a nominee’s achievements and the extent to which the nominee’s efforts benefit and provide inspiration to their community as well as the veteran and military communities.
• Nominations will be reviewed by the Veterans Services Commission (VSC) for a selection to recommend to the Governor. determination.
• Nominations will be accepted throughout the year.
• Packets can be filled out online, saved, printed, signed and mailed to: The Nevada Department of Veterans Services, Attn: (Name of Executive Assistant) Serving Veterans – Youth Award, 6630 S. McCarran Blvd. Building C, Suite 204, Reno, NV 89509
• Completed Packets may also be scanned and emailed to Executive Assistant or faxed to 775-688-1656.