This message will be updated once a week on Tuesday by noon or sooner should conditions change.
This message is as of June 26
- Five residents and one staff member at the Northern Nevada State Veterans Home tested positive for COVID-19 this week. These are the first residents to test positive; earlier this month, one staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
- The Northern Nevada State Veterans Home is conducting weekly tests of all residents and staff in accordance with CDC and Health Department guidelines.
- All COVID-19 positive residents are in isolation and the staff members are self-quarantined at home. All those who tested positive must have two consecutive negative test results before they can be released from isolation, or return to work.
- The Northern Nevada State Veterans Home is committed to providing the best health care possible for our residents, and a safe working environment for our staff. Our home will continue to test new employees.
- We encourage families to call or video chat with your loved one. We have the tablets available with google hangouts and facetime. In addition, we encourage window visits (windows closed) to say hello. Please call ahead to schedule a video conference, the number is (775) 827-2955.
- Thank you to everyone who has helped to raise the morale of our staff and residents. Our staff is working extremely hard and the outpouring of support makes a huge difference.
- For more information and resources on Nevada’s response to COVID-19, please visit http://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov