The Nevada Department of Education, Training and Rehabilitation (DETR) explains to file for unemployment in the State of Nevada, use the online application available 24/7 at: http://ui.nv.gov/css.html.
To file a Pandemic Unemployment Assistance claim, also known as PUA, you will need to contact the Nevada Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program at 1-800-603-9681 or visit https://www.employnv.gov/vosnet/Default.aspx.
People unable to file online may file via telephone by calling a UI Claims Call Center between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Northern UI Call Center: (775) 684-0350;
- Southern UI Call Center: (702) 486-0350;
- Rural areas & Out-of-State: (888) 890-8211; and the
- General Question Hotline: (800) 603-9671.
Claimants are highly encouraged to use the internet to file their UI claims, as it is the fastest and most convenient way to file and reserves the phone lines for individuals who are not able or do not have the necessary resources to file online. Online filing during non-peak hours, such as early mornings, at night or weekends is also highly recommended. To continue to receive benefits, claimants must file weekly.
Online filers are encouraged to participate in the online claim filing system. The system is organized by last names and is aimed at providing quicker results for Nevadans seeking to gain access to unemployment benefits:
- Last names A-K are asked to file on Sundays.
- Last names L-R are asked to file on Mondays.
- Last names S-Z are asked to file on Tuesday.
- Wednesday through Saturday are open for all to initiate or renew claims online.
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Information Unemployment Insurance Filers and Employers Need to Know to view important announcements and access essential resources. Online tutorial videos are also available in both English and Spanish and can be viewed on the Nevada Unemployment Insurance YouTube page.