Community members and families of residents, including extended families, nieces, nephews, grandkids, etc. please help us keep the residents' spirits up during COVID visitation restrictions.
Send a Smile by uploading videos or pictures for veteran residents at the Southern and Northern Nevada State Veterans Homes. We will compile these files to run on the closed-circuit TV at the Homes for all to see. We will update as new files are uploaded, so there is no deadline.
Veterans organizations, community service and youth groups – you are all invited to participate in Send a Smile! Please use the upload information below to submit your videos, photos and/or artwork.
- If your child and/or children would like to share their artwork with the residents, please upload a photo of them holding their sign or drawing. (JPG)
- If your family would like to share a video (it can be less than a minute long), please upload the file using Dropbox form below. (MOV)
- Photo uploads are also welcome using the form below. (JPG)
All uploaded files must be 100MB or less and standard file formats (JPG; MOV). Here are some ideas for video talking points and artwork content. Overall we are looking for upbeat, positive messages to lift the spirits of residents and staff, such as:
- We are thinking of you and sending you our love and support.
- With limited access to each other during this time, just wanted to let you know that you are remembered and appreciated.
- Thank you for your service.
- What you have sacrificed in service of our country is remarkable and won’t be forgotten.
- To the staff, thank you for your unwavering commitment to keep the residents safe and healthy. Your strength during this time is amazing.