All Nevada Veterans and their families understand, and can connect to, benefits and services they have earned.
Serve Nevada Veterans by honoring their remarkable legacy and by connecting them to earned benefits and services. Through our seven major lines of effort we:
- Professionally assist Veterans and their families obtain Federal and State veterans’ benefits.
- Provide quality skilled nursing care at our State Veterans Homes.
- Provide dignified burial support at our State Veterans Memorial Cemeteries.
- Manage effective programs addressing the needs of at-risk Veterans.
- Successfully integrate returning Servicemembers and Veterans into Nevada communities.
- Honor the service and sacrifice of all Nevada’s Veterans and their families through ceremonies and information campaigns.
- Assist, and coordinate the efforts of, service organizations and individuals insofar as their activities benefit Nevada Veterans, servicemembers, and their families.
Who We Serve
NDVS serves veterans, active service members, National Guard and Reserve, their families, and their survivors. According to Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) 417.125 “Veteran” defined, “Veteran” means a person who:
1. Was regularly enlisted, drafted, inducted or commissioned in the:
(a) Armed Forces of the United States;
(b) National Guard or a reserve component of the Armed Forces of the United States; or
(c) Commissioned Corps of the United States Public Health Service or the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration of the United States; and
2. Was separated from such service under conditions other than dishonorable.
(Added to NRS by 2019, 2690)