If you have immediate questions about the Nevada Veterans Advocate (NVA) Program, contact Pieter Droog via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brochure – Nevada Veterans Advocacy Course (PDF)
What Does a Nevada Veterans Advocate Do?
A Nevada Veterans Advocate (NVA) is a person who helps educate active military members, Guard or Reserves, veterans, as well as their families about earned benefits and opportunities through U.S. military service. Simply put: Nevada Veterans Advocates learn about veterans benefits and resources in order to share that information with their local communities.
Courses in the NV Advocate Program cover 20 veteran and service member focused topics listed below:
- The Nevada Veterans Advocacy Program Overview
- State of Nevada Veteran’s Benefits
- Nevada State Veterans Homes
- Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery Programs
- Nevada Veterans Service Organizations
- Entrepreneurship for Veterans in Nevada
- Unique Veteran Populations
- Improving Veteran Employment Outcomes
- Introductions to Federal and State Education Benefits
- Veteran Legal and Financial Services
- Requesting Military Discharge Upgrades, Records, and/or Medals
- VA Housing and Automobile Adaptation Grants
- Veterans Health Administration(VHA) Programs
- Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of VA
- VA Compensation
- Presumptive Diseases
- VA Improved Pension(Aid & Attendance/House Bound)
- VA Life Insurance Programs
- VA Home Loan Guaranty Program
- Suicide Prevention
Thank you again for your interest in helping others!
How to Earn Your NVA Certificate
Enroll in and complete the Nevada Veterans Advocate Course. You may complete all 20 courses online (see instructions below) or attend one of two NDVS free, NVA Training Workshops. Once you receive your certificate, you can become part of the NDVS team and help us at outreach events for veterans!
Free Training Workshops
These free training workshops happen every six months, rotating between northern and southern Nevada, guaranteeing a free training course will happen near you once a year! Just watch this space.
During these in-person training workshops, attendees will complete all twenty modules via live training and meet all the requirements for an NVA certificate.
Free Online Training
To become a Nevada Veterans Advocate (NV Advocate) just take the online course!
- Register with NVApps (If you don’t already have an NVeLearn account)
- Take the NV Advocate Courses Online!
Note: If you are having trouble registering with NVApps or accessing NVeLearn, please call the HR Help Desk at 775-687-9099 or 866-686-3287.
Upon completion of the course, participants can contact Pieter Droog via email at email@example.com to request your certificate.
Earn Your Certificate!
Upon complete of the course work, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion, a Nevada Veterans Advocate polo t-shirt, and be put in touch with an outreach director in the advocate’s area to participate in volunteer opportunities at NDVS outreach events!
So what are you waiting for? Join a team of professionals that are making a difference—one veteran, one family, one survivor at a time.