• Jun 14, 2024
  • 1:50 AM

Nevada State Board of Cosmetology

In order to transfer a license to Nevada through reciprocity, the individual must complete our Individual Application for Reciprocity. The out of state license must be current in order to transfer. The individual can submit the Individual Application on our website or in our office. The application requires:

  • A non-refundable $325 fee
  • A passport quality photo
  • A government-issued photo ID in your current name (driver’s license, passport)
  • SSN Card or ITIN Documents

The applicant may need to request for a certification of the license to be sent directly from your current State Board to the Nevada State Board office, please refer to the list of states that require certifications here.

The applicant also must pass the Nevada State Law Exam with a 75% or higher. We provide a practice test for studying on our website as well.

After the application is processed, the individual will be able to schedule an appointment to take the Nevada State Law Exam. We offer testing Monday through Thursday from 8am until 4pm. The applicant will need to bring a government-issued photo ID in order to be checked in for testing. Please note that the applicant may also be required to provide the physical out of state cosmetology license as well.