NSHE – REGULATIONS FOR DETERMINING RESIDENCY AND TUITION CHARGES
Non- Resident Tuition Exemption
- Any active duty member of the United States Armed Forces who is stationed in Nevada.
- Any active duty service member who has a permanent change of duty station to a state other than Nevada as well as their spouses and dependent children; they will remain classified as Nevada residents for tuition purposes as long as they remain continuously enrolled at a Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) institution.
Purple Heart Recipients-Nevada
POW/MIA Benefits for Children and Spouse-Nevada Specific
- The child may use the waiver for ten years after he/she attains the age of 18 unless he/she enrolls in an NSHE prior to age 18 then it is ten years after the date of enrollment.
- The spouse may use this benefit for up to ten years from the date on which the service member was identified as a prisoner of war or missing in action.
Nevada National Guard
- Nevada National Guard can attend public institutions with a tuition waiver (some fees can be waived depending on the institution).
- Contact the school’s Veteran Office for more information.