• Aug 12, 2020
  • 6:15 AM

Veterans Service Member Resident Status/In State Tuition Rate


Non- Resident Tuition Exemption

  • Any active duty member of the United States Armed Forces who is stationed in Nevada.
  • Any active duty service member who has a permanent change of duty station to a state other than Nevada as well as their spouses and dependent children; they will remain classified as Nevada residents for tuition purposes as long as they remain continuously enrolled at a Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) institution.

Purple Heart Recipients-Nevada

POW/MIA Benefits for Children and Spouse-Nevada Specific

  • The child may use the waiver for ten years after he/she attains the age of 18 unless he/she enrolls in an NSHE prior to age 18 then it is ten years after the date of enrollment.
  • The spouse may use this benefit for up to ten years from the date on which the service member was identified as a prisoner of war or missing in action.

Nevada National Guard

  • Nevada National Guard can attend public institutions with a tuition waiver (some fees can be waived depending on the institution).
  • Contact the school’s Veteran Office for more information.