Benefit Category: Nevada
Nevada Housing Division
The Nevada Housing Division (NHD), a division of the Department of Business and Industry, was created by the Nevada Legislature in 1975 to solve a very real problem: a shortage of safe and decent housing for individuals and families of low and moderate income. We pride ourselves on helping revitalize neighborhoods and strengthen communities throughout the state.
Home Is Possible for Heroes Program
This hero-worthy program gives veterans and military personnel more buying power and even more opportunities to experience the joys of homeownership—for less. Check out the program benefits and requirements.
- Below-market fixed interest rate 30-year loan
- Reduces monthly mortgage payment
- No first-time homebuyer requirement
- Can be combined with the Mortgage Credit
- Certificate (MCC) with program fees waived
- Statewide program
- Qualifying income must be below $95,500
- Home price below $400,000
- Government insured loans only (no conventional loans)
- Minimum credit score of 640
- Homebuyer must live in home as primary residence
- Homebuyer education course required
- Must meet standard underwriting requirements
- One-time fee of $675
If you’re a veteran who has been honorably discharged, are in the National Guard, are a surviving spouse or you’re on active military duty, Home Is Possible For Heroes was made specifically for you. So how do heroes get free money? Start by finding an approved lender.